I’m currently running a Silverstone ST-LC10B (with the iMon VFD software in conjunction with FrontView for MCE it’s sweet!)
Full specs are:
- Mainboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (with a Zalman ZM-NB47J)
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Skt 939)
- Memory: 1x 512MB Kingmax DDR400
- Graphics: GeCube Radeon X700 (SilentCool)
- Tuners: 2x Hauppauge 150MCE (Though, I’d probably go with 2x ATI TV Wonder Elite 550 or a Hauppauge 500MCE with the AV bracket to allow the second S-Video inputs to be used)
- Cooling: Replaced (supplied) case fan with 2x 60mm Vantec SF6025L & 1x 80mm Vantec SF8025L fans [Link]. Replaced stock CPU heatsink/fan with a Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu
- Power: Silverstone ST30NF Fanless 300W PSU
- HDD/DVD: Seagate SATA 200GB / LG GSA-4163BK – Not that it matters much
Mods I’ll probably make are:
- I’m tempted to dremmel out the fan grills at the back over the twin 60mm fans as they’ve got a bit of turbulence noise coming from them.
- I’d like to mount the HDD in a housing to eliminate vibration as it’s the noisiest thing in the system.
- I’d like to crack open my MCE remote and drop the sensor into the front of the VFD for WAF (Wife Approval Factor) reasons alone (less clutter / visible wires = less complaints)
The case itself is kinda large, but it’s good for airflow and the ability to select from a wider range of cards and cooling product – and I like having a VFD