If you are quick enough, you may catch the error (Fig 1)
umount: can't umount /mnt/selinux: Invalid argument
..which isn’t entirely helpful, but does point us to something being misunderstood during boot time.
The solution is fairly simple (once you figure out what’s happening), simply follow these steps;
- As the machine is rebooting, press a key when prompted to get to the GRUB menu
- Hit <C> to change the configuration
- Use the backspace key to remove ‘VGA=791’ from the end of the GRUB command line
- Press <Enter> to save the changes and reboot
- PROFIT! (well, a login prompt anyway…)
You can then continue with the installation of PBX in a Flash (PIAF) on your (now working) Hyper-V machine.